Friday, May 29, 2009

Curtis

Yesterday - my baby boy turned 9.
Sometimes he can be the most quirky, crazy kid on the planet..... trying to find every obnoxious noise that he can possibly make with his body..... finding every dirt hole in existence ...... or picking on his baby sister till she turns purple with rage and punches him in the nose..... lol
Other times - he absolutely amazes me with his generosity and kind heart. The other day while dropping him off at school, he was walking to the door in his own little world taking his sweet time - just when I thought that he was taking TOO much time and was going to make himself late, he finally reaches the door. Opening the door, he stands there - Just Stands There! holding the door Wide open! I am wondering what the heck my child is doing -
Then I see the woman......
she is carrying two very small children, dragging her reluctant kindergartner, and about three different bags. He was waiting ever so patiently for her to make it up the stairs so he could hold the door open for her. My eyes are tearing up at this point - and just when I think that I couldn't possibly by more proud of my son ..... he reaches out - and takes two of her bags to carry in.
He is turning into quite a young man, and growing so fast. Ever since he was very little - he has captured the heart of Every Single person that he has ever met. I am so grateful to be blessed with this child - and so proud to call him mine.

4 comments:

  1. Well ( sniff sniff) I have a FABULOUS nephew.....I must say I am sooo proud of him! You need to join us at Virtual Girls Night Out- VGNO
    there is a link on my page on the right side- you can copy it and put it on yours- then join the fun- its a LOT of fun...I post every week and it gets me exposure I want- I even have FOLOOWERS now...LOL see ya tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i put a link to you in this weeks post...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just "Love" polite boys- and girls.

    I am one of those woman who hold the door for people-especially guys. Gives them a thrill.

    My daughter holds the door for people, too.

    Happy VGNO! Your son's Aunt recomment we stop by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOPS! That was, your son's Aunt RECOMMENDED we stop by...

    ReplyDelete