Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Call Her Mother

I would stand in the doorway, staring at the woman I never really had a chance to know. All I know of her, I learned from other people. I've heard stories about the woman she was, about things she has done, and how proud she was of me.
I knew precious little of her and she knew less of me.
She would look at me with this blank stare as a horrible sickness took her slowly from me.
I would walk away blinded by tears, trying not to let her see, because it wasnt her fault.
I would stare at her, trying to see the woman inside, remembering the woman I have been told that I have so much in common with.
She would stare at me, not remembering who I am.
One day - someone asked me who she was...
... I told them
Some people call her a hero
Some people call her a mentor
Some people call her a friend
I simply call her Mother.
Dedicated to my Mother -
she has shown me the mother I want to be
I love her always -

No comments:

Post a Comment